About Me, Myself and I
I happen to like coffee and some of my friends feel that:
I am powered by a constant infusion of freshly brewed ground coffee.
By profession I am a Chartered Civil Engineer and I head up the Design and Engineering Team @ Sisk Rail. Working in the Rail industry is interesting, challenging, frustrating and rewarding – often all at the same time.
Before moving into rail I started out in Civil Engineering and have been fortunate to lead teams responsible for the delivery of some major infrastructure projects.
Photography is the art of creating an image of what you want others to see and feel.
I have always enjoyed photography, whether I am out shooting Landscapes, Townscapes, Street photography, Fashion, Portraiture, Wildlife, Motorsport or anything else that captures my imagination. At the moment I really enjoy street photography, capturing those unguarded moments.
I enjoy motorcycling and currently have a Kawaski GT1400, having toured around parts of the UK and Europe.
I trained as an Advanced Motorcyclist and used to coached others, to enable them to pass their Advanced Motorcycle test.
I really enjoy going for walks in the countryside and down by the coast. I am very fortunate that I have easy access to some fantastic countryside, with some beautiful walks. Which comes in handy when you have a dog.
I am chair and trustee of a local Volunteer Centre, where we match individuals and groups interested in volunteering with appropriate opportunities. In addition the charity also is involved with:
- The Strategic Development of Volunteering
- The Development of Good Practice
- Developing Volunteering Opportunities
- Being the Voice of Volunteering
- Being an effective broker, matching individuals and groups with volunteering opportunities
Type 1 Diabetes
I have been living with Type 1 diabetes for about 36 years, and for the last 18 years or so I have been using an insulin pump.
During my time of living with diabetes I have:
- Provided information and support for people living with diabetes at a Local, National and International level
- Worked with others at a local and national level to improve the NHS and the services it provides.
- Participated in a variety of conferences and workshops